The Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion

Promoting the language, literature, arts and science of Wales

My account

home > My account

Join the society

To become a member you will need to fill out the form below. Once you have completed the form, you will be directed to our secure online Direct Debit provider ‘GoCardless’. If you don’t already have a GoCardless account you will need to create one at this stage by filling out your billing address, bank account sort code and number. This is an automated process and the Direct Debit will be setup within 5 working days.

* Required Fields

The Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion takes your privacy seriously. The Society’s full Privacy Policy may be found on the Society’s website at If you are unable to access the website and would like a written copy of the statement, please contact the Honorary Secretary.

The lawful basis for collecting, storing and processing members’ personal data is Member Consent. In other words, the Society will be able to hold and process the data and will also be able to contact you only where you have given us your permission to do so. It is therefore very important that you complete and submit the form below to indicate your consent.

I hereby consent to the Society’s contacting me by: (Please tick all that apply)

Please note that, if you do not consent to the Society’s contacting you by surface mail then we will be unable to send you copies of the Transactions

If the information provided alters or if you change your mind about any of the above consents then the Society will, on receiving your request, amend the information it holds, delete your details from the database of members, or delete your membership history altogether. Your request should be submitted by email to

**Please treat all gifts of money that I have made to the Society in the past 4 years and all future gifts of money that I make from the date of this declaration as Gift Aid donations. I confirm that I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in a tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

Please notify the Society if you want to cancel this declaration, change your name or your home address, or no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains. If you pay Income Tax at the higher rate or additional rate and want to receive the additional rate tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HMRC to adjust your tax code.

Already a member?