A. LLOYD HUGHES was elected to the Council of the Honourable Society in 1997. He was born in Penrhyndeudraeth, Merioneth (now part of Gwynedd), and was educated at the Boys’ Grammar School, Bala, and the University College of Wales, Aberystwyth, where he read history and Welsh (MA, DipEd). He is a former County Archivist of Merioneth and a former Archivist of the Welsh Folk Museum (renamed National History Museum), from which post he retired in 2001. He has contributed to Atlas Meirionnydd (1974), Y Bywgraffiadur Cymreig 1951-1970 (1997), The Dictionary of Welsh Biography 1941-1970 (2001) and post-1970 Supplement on-line, and has also historical, archival and bibliographical contributions in various periodicals. He represented the National Museum of Wales on Archives Council Wales during 1995-2001, and is a member of the DWB Advisory Board since 2014. He has served as Hon. Editor of the Journal of the Merioneth Historical and Record Society since 1987; a Vice-President since 2015. Elected FSA, 1985; FRHistS, 1997. He resides in Llandaff, Cardiff.